Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried using Mac, iPad, chrome and Android.
    Password print on the iPad is incorrect and different from that on the chrome extension.
    Feeling panicky.

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

Waiting for agilebits to respond.
    Please help

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @mrsims,

I'll start the ball rolling a bit to see if we can get some details. Let's just focus on one problem at a time.

When you say you're unable to "log on", can you explain more what you mean? Which OS platform, 1Password version are you using?

1Password does not have a "log on", but rather you use your 1Password master password to open the vault (so that you can see and use its contents).

Awaiting your reply...

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.
    Bought the licence 2 months ago.
    Downloaded the Mac version and have extensions for chrome and Android.

It will not accept my master password.
    And the print appearing on one screen (iPad) is different from that which appears on the laptop (Mac).

What is happening?
    Cheers Greg

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@mrsims ,

So, then this is the AgileBits web store version?

Have you ever been able to open the Mac 1Password vault?

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

Yes and yes.
    All working fine 2 days ago across all platforms.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

And the print appearing on one screen (iPad) is different from that which appears on the laptop (Mac).

What exactly do you mean by that, please? Do you mean that the 1P login screen itself is different on each? If you can post screenshots here (without divulging any confidential information) that would be helpful, I think. (To post a screenshot click on the last of the icons that appears above the box where you compose your post on the forum.)

Stephen

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. That is exactly what I mean.
    I am not very good with screenshots, but I will try.
    I am keen to know that passwords are secure.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrsims: Your passwords are secured using your Master Password. So secure, in fact, that without entering the Master Password exactly, even you will not be able to unlock your vault. (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it.

In that spirit, please try these tips, as they may help you gain access to your data. Failing that, you may just need to start over (or restore from a backup), as there isn't a way for us to 'reset' it for you. I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Password print on the iPad is incorrect and different from that on the chrome extension.

@mrsims: Also perhaps of note, different platforms have different fonts, if that's what you mean here. And the 1Password Chrome extension requires the main 1Password app to be installed, and for your 1Password vault to be present. So if you haven't installed this and sync'd your vault to that computer, it won't work.

If you can tell us the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're working with, it will help us help you better. :)

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, so much lol.
    And by backup you mean?
    I was just getting comfortable using it too.
    So much fun waiting for after work

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

Yes OK.
    Not a matter of fonts.
    Like the prompt phrase was missing letters.
    Things were syncing OK using Dropbox.
    I will let h you know is and model details as I can

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

And by backup you mean?

@mrsims: Well, it depends entirely on what version you're using, but if you've saved a backup of your 1Password data you could restore from it in case your data was corrupted on your device.

Like the prompt phrase was missing letters.

Yikes. Yes, that sounds like something is damaged. Keep in mind that if you're syncing data, corrupt data will also be sync'd. For instance, you may need to have your computer checked out. If there is filesystem damage or the drive is on its way out that would account for this erratic behaviour (such as the missing letters).

• mrsims
    mrsims
    Community Member
    Options

Look I think I am a complete moron.
    I have logged on, I realised I was not using the correct passphrase.
    This has been MY MISTAKE.

Please feel free to delete this thread.
    I have simply made a foolish mistake (used a space bar when i should not have).
    I can apologise for any inconvenience and wasting your time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrsims: No need to apologize! I'll be the first to admit to doing the same on occasion.

On occasion! ;)

In all seriousness, this is much better news than something really being wrong that none of us can fix. So I'm relieved to hear that all is as it should be. Thanks for following up, and just know that we're here for you whenever you need us -- false alarm or otherwise! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It's so easy to make errors like that. That's why there is a section in the knowledgebase about what to do if the master password doesn't work, it's usually something simple like that.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In the end all that matters is you now have access :smile:

This discussion has been closed.