How to change my Dropbox synched vault to Wifi synched vault?

Hey guys,

unfortunately, I started to synch my vault with Dropbox in the beginning. Later, I changed to synch by Wifi. The problem is, that my actual passwords etc. still get safed into my Dropbox sync (default) and not to the Wifi version. I am also not able to delete the Dropbox vault version.

So my aim is to a) put all my passwords etc. to the Wifi synch version and b) delete the Dropbox synch version, so that there will be only one vault synched by Wifi.

Do you know how that's possible? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marcel

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox/Wifi

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

@gwspom Please follow these steps:

1. Open your Dropbox folder
    2. Locate your 1Password.agilekeychain
    3. Copy your 1Password.agilekeychain to somewhere else on your PC
    4. Open 1Password
    5. Unlock
    6. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > General
    7. Click on: "Choose Another"
    8. Browse to where you copied your 1Password.agilekeychain in step #3; select it and click on OK (twice).
    9. Delete your 1Password.agilekeychain from your Dropbox folder.
  • gwspom
    gwspom
    Community Member

Perfect, it worked. Thanks a lot svondutch!

Is there any possibility to also delete the "history" of other vaults? In 1Password "File > Reopen 1Password Vault". I would like to see only my current vault, that's it.

• Hi @gwspom,

Perfect, it worked. Thanks a lot svondutch!

On behalf of Stefan, you're welcome.

Is there any possibility to also delete the "history" of other vaults? In 1Password "File > Reopen 1Password Vault". I would like to see only my current vault, that's it.

If you click on non-existing vault on the menu, 1Password will detect it doesn't exist and will remove it. You do have to repeat it for the rest of the vaults to clear the list.

We have an improvement request in our tracker to add an option to clear the list and I'll add your vote for this.

• gwspom
    gwspom
    Community Member

Thanks a lot MikeT. Perfect support.

• @gwspom - I'm so glad Mike's help was so useful - you are very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.