1Password Helper via Chrome is not able to accept my password

cheapingchip
cheapingchip
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I can use my master password to login from the program (and then the chrome add on gets active), but suddently when I try to login only by the addon, it says the password is not correct.

I have used the feature of loging in only by the browser (after the helper was loaded) and it stopped today, without having changed the master password.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: win7 starter
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cheapingchip
    cheapingchip
    Community Member

is there a possibility that the add on is somehow intruded, even by physical contact (i.e. someone on my pc whilst I ws away).

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @cheapingchip,

Are you able to unlock the main 1Password program? Both the extension and the main program works on the same encryption key, so it should behave the same way.

Also, are you using the Unlock on Secure Desktop feature? There are some issues with using Secure Desktop on Windows 7, you might need to disable it to see if you can unlock 1Password now.

It is not possible to change the master password without knowing the original master password. Unless you left your computer unlocked for both 1Password and the computer and you don't have auto-lock turned on, then that is enough for someone to change it without your knowledge.

This discussion has been closed.