Got a parsing error when trying to activate my license [Usually a proxy issue]

jburdic1
jburdic1
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Trying to paste in my license key I get: error parsing server response during license activation. Using Firefox

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jburdic1
    jburdic1
    Community Member

CAN YOU FIX THIS?

1Password Version: 4.3.1
    OS Version: Windows 7

• Hi @jburdic1,

Do you use a proxy or a network firewall that could block 1Password from reaching the license server? This is usually the issue, we can't reach the service (blocked by a proxy) or we did but the response we got was filtered by your security program.

If you use a proxy, please add this information in 1Password's preferences. To do this, open 1Password, unlock and click on the Preferences button on the toolbar, go to the Network section and enter your data. After saving the change, try again with the license registration.

If that does not work, let us know, and we'll send you a private message on how to work around this.

• jburdic1
    jburdic1
    Community Member

No network. I have a Verizon modem/router and use Windows and AVG firewalls. Is any of this a proxy that needs to be in the Preferences?

• Hi @jburdic1,

It's hard to tell but I'm guessing it is not a proxy issue. Your AVG firewall might be blocking 1Password from reaching the server. You can check its logs to see if it blocked any outgoing connection from the 1Password process.

I'll send you a private message here on how to work around this issue.

• jburdic1
    jburdic1
    Community Member

firefox will not take key get "error parsing response from server ..." 1p still says using demo mode
    Mike sent me a key with instructions but it did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing won't take key

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 7
    Referrer: forum-search:firefox will not take key get "error parsing response from server ..." 1p still says using demo mode

• Hi @jburdic1,

I've merged your thread into the previous thread here.

If you follow my instruction and 1Password didn't start up activated, it means there's a separate issue or you're using the wrong 1Password version.

Can you email us your diagnostic report, that should let us know what's going on. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.