Sync over Wi-Fi - really only Wi-Fi, or do you mean same local network?

I am really delighted with all the features the 1Password app has and will probably invest to install it on my devices, but I have a question before that:

Is it possible to sync between a Windows PC and an iPhone when the PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable, and the phone, obviously, connects via Wi-Fi to the same router?

Other option: is it possible to sync over Wi-Fi if the PC has a wireless card and creates a network on its own?

Best regards,
Abdul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Is it possible to sync between a Windows PC and an iPhone when the PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable, and the phone, obviously, connects via Wi-Fi to the same router?

@kekmen Yes. As long as both your PC and your iPhone are in the same subnet then you should be OK.

is it possible to sync over Wi-Fi if the PC has a wireless card and creates a network on its own?

@kekman Your iPhone needs to be connected to the same LAN as your PC.

• kekmen
    kekmen
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

@svondutch

I've also read that it's only possible to sync a single PC to a single device. Is it true?

Do you mean "single" at a time (simultaneously), or at all (globally) ? What I mean is can I sync each of my phones (say I have 2) with my PC one after another?

• Hi @kekman,

Think of it as Wi-Fi secure pairing, you can only pair an iPhone with a specific computer, you can't switch your iPhone to another computer unless you disable the Wi-Fi sync first which is the same as un-pairing with the original computer and create a new pairing with the new computer.

We do not recommend pairing the same iPhone with more than one computer, it can be done but it is prone to sync issues. We're looking into making this more stable in the future, so that you could pair multiple computers with the same iPhone.

You can certainly pair both iPhones to the same computer or pair one iPhone to one computer and the other one pairing with the second computer.

• kekmen
    kekmen
    Community Member

@MikeT

ok, thanks. This is what I was looking for.

• You're welcome, I'm glad I was able to help.

This discussion has been closed.