Bug: 1Password logo cut off when switching between screens [Will improve in the future]

johngraybosch
johngraybosch
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Just a minor display issue, but sometimes the logo renders only halfway when switching between screens. Please see the screenshot below.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @johngraybosch,

I'm not able to reproduce this. Are you using 1Password on a monitor that might have a high-DPI scaling enabled?

• johngraybosch
    johngraybosch
    Community Member

No my scale is set to 100%. My resolution is 1650x1080.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @johngraybosch,

Both monitors are the same resolution as well?

You said it only happens when switching screens, what about if you switch between categories in the same screen, does it happen?

Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do to fix intermittent UI glitches when switching between monitors, especially when it is intermittent. If you resize the window, it should force a redraw to fix it.

• johngraybosch
    johngraybosch
    Community Member

Sorry, when I said switching "screens" I meant switching between the different screens within the program. I do happen to have two monitors, but that's not the issue I'm referring to.

• Hi @johngraybosch,

Thanks for the clarification! With that information, I was able to reproduce it after a while.

Do you remember resizing your item view to the point that the 1Password logo is cut off on the bottom? Here's what I mean:

• johngraybosch
    johngraybosch
    Community Member

No. For me, switching to All, then selecting an item, then switching to Unassigned does it. But it also does that in other instances too.

• johngraybosch
    johngraybosch
    Community Member

I mean this is really minor, just a display issue. But I'm glad you're looking into it. I've rarely seen such a great product with the developers so accessible to the customer. You guys are great.

• Hi @johngraybosch,

For me, switching to All, then selecting an item, then switching to Unassigned does it. But it also does that in other instances too.

I tried that several times in a row and I couldn't reproduce it.

I mean this is really minor, just a display issue.

Yea, it looks like a minor drawing issue where it didn't refresh the view. We'll keep this in mind in the future as we work on the UI.

But I'm glad you're looking into it. I've rarely seen such a great product with the developers so accessible to the customer. You guys are great.

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We love our customers, they're the one who made us into what we are and we know it is important to provide awesome customer service because we're also 1Password users ourselves who went through different "level" of services from others.

This discussion has been closed.