1Password is not syncing between iPhone and Mac via iCloud

myopic1
myopic1
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Oops...

My libraries are either not syncing, or not mapped correctly. They are all pointing to my icloud drive, but the iphone app has 14 logins, while the windows app & chrome extension have 8. I would like to add a bunch more, but don't want to put in the effort until this is resolved.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @myopic1,

That is a good idea to avoid doing more while there's a sync issue, we'll help you fix this.

Just to clarify a few things and I'm including Mac just in case:

1. 1Password on the iOS and Mac platforms uses CloudKit APIs to power the iCloud sync, it is not the same thing as iCloud Drive
    2. If you're using the iCloud sync on both Mac and iOS, it will not sync to Windows and Android platforms at the moment.
    3. You can get away with this by switching the Mac to use Folder Sync and put the sync folder into the iCloud Drive and then direct 1Password on Windows to read this folder via iCloud Drive
    4. For iOS, you can either stay with iCloud Sync to continue to sync with the Mac or switch to using Wi-Fi sync and sync to your PC.

If you're only using the iPhone and Windows apps, I'd suggest using the Wi-Fi sync to sync between both or use Dropbox.

Let me know what you'd like to do and if you have any other devices that you'd like to sync with.

This discussion has been closed.