Fingerprint scan support for windows and android license?

Hi Guys, I have been using roboform for many many years and after the lastpass hack I cancelled the subscription and quickly moved to 1password today. Reason is simple. I found roboform sent the master password to their server for processing/decrypting when used with everywhere cloud as pointed out by the security researcher. I was annoyed that I was completely mislead by this company for so many years. Anyways I'm very happy with my 1password purchase mainly cause I can keep my keys in dropbox with 2 step verification and I feel more safe. (had to downgrade to roboform 6 to get the html export and import into 1password, Very cheeky they removed the feature in version 7) anyways I have 2 questions;

1. Where is the fingerprint reader support for windows? I mean I know windows 10 comes with some OS integration biometrics but UPEK supported fingerprint reader support would be amazing? Can we atleast get this with windows 10? I hate typing the master password (very long) everytime. A simple fingerprint authentication would be amazing!
  2. Why do we have to pay separately for Android app? I paid $48.99 and quite disappointed that I don't get a license for android.. Specially when I'm leaving Roboform for this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Where is the fingerprint reader support for windows?

@Cronus Here is my take on fingerprint readers.

Why do we have to pay separately for Android app?

@Cronus I understand the Android app is free. The advanced features are available as an in-app purchase.

• Cronus
    Cronus
    Community Member

Thanks. I will read about the fingerprint reader. Yes the app is free but advanced features like "adding a new login" "Editing a new login" you call these advance features? Seriously...These are just basic necessary features. I can understand having like iOS touch ID to unlock passwords is labeled as an advanced feature.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Cronus Because the Android (and iOS ) apps are in Google's (and Apple's) store respectively, I'm afraid it is impossible for us to bundle them with the other apps. As a matter of fact, Google and Apple do not share with us who buys them.

• @Cronus - 1Password for Android is free to try for 30 days, giving you the opportunity to try all its features and really get a feel for the application. After this time, its Reader functionality will remain free. To add, edit, organize and favorite items, use the in-app purchase and unlock 1Password’s premium features. You can read more about this here.

This discussion has been closed.