No longer able to view one time passwords on Windows client

reck
reck
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just attempted to login to Evernote and it asked for the 2-factor authentication code which I conveniently have stored in 1Password.

However when I opened up the login instead of seeing the digits I just see a long url beginning with otpauth://

I checked all my other 1tp and none of them are displaying the digits, just the otpauth:// url.

Any ideas?

Thanks

_1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
_Extension Version: 4.3.1
_OS Version: Windows 7
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @reck,

Is this happening in both the extension and the main 1Password program or just one of them?

Is this an issue that started today or did you see the digits before in the Windows progarm?

Also, you said you're using Dropbox to sync, what other device is involved with 1Password and are they showing the same problem?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

This is just happening in the main 1Password program, the extension is fine.

I've only just noticed the issue today but I do remember having the issue in the past as well but it then just started working again.

I'm sycning to a iPhone and that is working as well so this just appears to be a Windows desktop issue.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

I thought about closing and re-opening the 1Password application but there doesn't appear to be a quite option. Is there noway to close\quite 1Password?

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @reck,

In the main 1Password program, go to the File Menu > Exit to terminate the program.

I'd suggest a reboot also, it often resolves glitches like this.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

When I select Exit it just seems to lock the vault rather than terminating the application. After clicking exit I can still see the 1Password icon in the system tray and can reopen the window from there.

I've just tried it at work and the digits are appearing fine on here so it's definitely something on my home PC. I'll see what happens when I boot it up this evening.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

OK the problem hasn't gone away since turning the computer off/on.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @reck,

When I select Exit it just seems to lock the vault rather than terminating the application.

That's because 1Password Helper is running in its own process but it is supposed to terminate 1Password Helper. I might have the wrong information, let me get back to you on that after talking to our team. Update: It only works if you set 1Password not to minimize itself to the system tray, thus the confusion on my part. It only terminates the program and does not terminate Helper.

I've just tried it at work and the digits are appearing fine on here so it's definitely something on my home PC. I'll see what happens when I boot it up this evening.

Ok, are you syncing the same vault between both computers via Dropbox?

OK the problem hasn't gone away since turning the computer off/on.

Can you try this:

1. Open the main program, go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault
    2. Restart 1Password

Does that improve it?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes i'm sycing the same vault between computers via Dropbox.

It's still not working tonight and for some reason the system tray icon has disappeared as well. I'm able to open 1Password from the start menu but the icon doesn't show up.

I've tried to repair the vault but its not fixed the issue unfortunately.

• Hi @reck,

That seems to suggest there's something wrong with your installation of 1Password. We'd like to take a look at its diagnostics to see what's going on. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Mike, just sent the email. Thanks

• Thanks, we got the report and will follow up ASAP:

Email ID #: IFH-86359-241

This discussion has been closed.