1Password cannot find Helper and can't sync with the Mac version of 1Password

nmfeldinor
nmfeldinor
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

HELLO Today i pur the Windows version. tried to install, nothing but problems it keeps asking for a
"helper" file. I have no idea what that means. I also am not able to synch with my MAC version of 1 password, which has many logins, and works fine. Please help. If the application is unable to do this
then just refund my money back into my PAYPAL account

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmfeldinor
    nmfeldinor
    Community Member

Hello, I requested a refund shortly after purchasing 1Password because I cannot figure it out. I do not understand your companys decison not to allow people to reac a support person by phone. if I do not get some form of response then i will assume my request was not recieveed and contact PayPal for a refund on my recent purchase

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and we will be happy to help you with this.

• Hi @nmfeldinor,

As Laura mentioned, we'll be happy to help you resolve the issues you're seeing or issue you a refund.

1Password Helper helps your 1Password extension fill and auto-save your data in the web browsers, it does this by allowing the browser extension to communicate with 1Password via a websocket port on your computer. Sometime, this can be blocked by your security program and that's why it says it cannot find 1Password Helper to communicate with. Once we figure out what's blocking the port, we can help you configure the security program to allow 1Password Helper to communicate with the extension. You can see more information here: https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/

1Password can definitely sync with both Mac and Windows versions, we recommend Dropbox to do this but you can use other methods if you have one. Here's our guide on the sync: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-dropbox-sync

• nmfeldinor
    nmfeldinor
    Community Member

I do your help. I sent a more details of my problems did you get them

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nmfeldinor: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we'll continue the conversation there and close this thread. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: QMK-32862-795

This discussion has been closed.