Is 1Password Pro for iOS and 1Password for Windows (paid) compatible with Wi-Fi sync? {Yes]

jeffb1ab
jeffb1ab
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

sync problem is Error Domain=NSPOSIXEErrorDomainCode=60

1Password Version: win-4 + itunes app + pro feat
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.3
Sync Type: wireless

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @jeffb1ab,

Yes, 1Password v5 (with Pro in-app purchase) for iOS and 1Password 4 for Windows is compatible with each other and can sync via Wi-Fi sync.

That error looks like 1Password on your iOS device can't find the computer. Can you tell me if this is the first time you're setting up the Wi-Fi sync with 1Password?

If yes, do you have a firewall running on your computer or any network tool that can block connections like proxy, VPN, or something like that?

On the PC, was 1Password open and showing the Wi-Fi sync dialog? You need to go to the File Menu > Wi-Fi Sync in 1Password on the PC to start the Wi-Fi sync process.

• jeffb1ab
    jeffb1ab
    Community Member

Hi MikeT and thanks for responding quickly. Yes, I'm running a VPN but not a firewall that I'm aware of. Tomorrow morning I will shut off the VPN and try syncing. I'll respond either way. Thank you!

• jeffb1ab
    jeffb1ab
    Community Member

I should have also said it's my first sync - I'm just getting started w/ 1 password

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

If shutting off then vpn works then it is likely that the vpn is commandeering all of the local network interfaces.

Have a look through the documentation as some vpn have local lan turn access turn on.

• jeffb1ab
    jeffb1ab
    Community Member

I shut off the VPN and still no go then shut off the Vipre firewall and it worked - thank you both! I'll just have to figure out what info to add to vipre so it knows 1password is "allowed".

This discussion has been closed.