syncing issue please help me thank you

Options

I am using 1Password on my Mac 3.8.22
I am using 1Password 5 on my iphone

I am trying to sync, following directions from your site to do wifi syncing.
When I open preferences, I do NOT see "Wifi "!!
So I can't follow your directions for setting it up.

There is a wifi pane on the left side of the screen. When I click on this, the "sync now" button is grey and I cannot click on it. I don't know what the problem is. Please advise!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skp,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! Unfortunately, Wi-Fi sync has changed a lot between version 3 and version 5. In fact, we were never really happy with the way Wi-Fi sync worked in 1Password 3, so 1Password 4 was initially released without this feature. Users requested that we bring it back though, so our developers decided to take the opportunity to completely re-write the feature to make it better, stronger, and faster. And they've done a pretty great job. :) But due to this re-write, version 3 and version 5 cannot sync using Wi-Fi.

To keep 1Password 3 for Mac in sync with 1Password 5 for iOS, you'll want to use Dropbox. It's our most flexible sync option, and it's completely automatic. We have a guide to help you set up Dropbox for your Mac, and on your iOS device: Dropbox sync.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns - we're here to help!

• skp
    skp
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your comprehensive answer! Dropbox worked perfectly. I appreciate it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skp,

I'm so glad to hear that you're all set up with Dropbox - that's awesome!

I hope 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions, we're happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.