I am getting the message "iCloud is not available, please enable iCloud".

Options
Johnm2
Johnm2
Community Member

I have iCloud enabled and have gone through all of your troubleshooting and cannot get this to work. It worked in the past, but I noticed it did not seem to be synching, so I turned of iCloud syncing and tried to turn it back on to get it going again. Thats when I ran into this problem.

1Password Version: 5.3 (Mac app store)
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Johnm2,

I'm sorry you're getting that error and having trouble with iCloud sync!

You mentioned you've gone through our troubleshooting, although I'm not sure exactly which troubleshooting you're referring to. Please take a look at this knowledgebase article. Are those the troubleshooting steps you followed? If not, please make sure you go through those in case they help.

If those steps don't solve the problem, can you please let us know some additional details about your setup:

• Aside from your Mac, what other devices are you syncing with 1Password (if any)?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices?
    • What OS version are your other devices running?
    • Is iCloud sync working on the other devices?
    • What device has your most up-to-date 1Password information?

Thanks!

• Johnm2
    Johnm2
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the knowledgebase article that you provided a hotlink to is some of what I have already done. When that did not work, I did the reset iCloud data in the Help/Troubleshooting menu of 1Password. That did not get it working again either. I did the iCloud reset from my MacBook after shutting down iCloud sync on all other devices. I have rebooted the the MacBook several times.

The device I am having the problem with is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, mid 2010). The iCloud sync was working on this machine until yesterday. I am also syncing my iMac with 1Password using iCloud. The iMac is syncing through iCloud. Both computers are running OS X version 10.10.3 and 1Password Version: 5.3 (Mac app store).

In addition I have an iPhone6 and an iPad that sync to my 1Password data through iCloud and both are syncing with no problems. Both are running IOS 8.3 and 1Password 5.4.3.

iCloud syncing is currently turned off on all four of these devices as a result of doing the iCloud reset yesterday. When that did not correct the problem I stopped there.

Since I create passwords on all of these devices, it is hard to say which is most up-to-date. However, the other three devices were all syncing through iCloud before I turned that off on them to do the data reset. I created one new password on the MacBook yesterday (which is how this all started when I noticed this new password was not showing up on my iPhone). I have since recreated that same password on my iPhone, so I believe all devices are up-to-date.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password on the MacBook that is having the problem possibly help?

Thanks,

John

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Johnm2,

Thank you so much for the information, it's very helpful for us!

Before doing more troubleshooting, you might want to make sure you have fresh backups of your current 1Password data on your Macs and iOS devices, just as a precaution. I don't think you're going to need to do anything that will require restoring from a backup, but it's always good to make sure your data is safely backed up, just in case. On each Mac, open 1Password and go to File > Backup. On your iOS devices, you can follow these steps to backup your data.

Next, now that you've reset the 1Password data in iCloud, you can go ahead and re-enable iCloud sync on your iMac, iPhone, and iPad. Those were working correctly before, so I'm guessing you won't run into any problems with that. When you re-enable iCloud sync on the first device, please allow the sync to complete before re-enabling it on the others. You might be asked if you want to merge the data, which is fine.

Once you confirm iCloud sync is working correctly on those three again, try once more to enable iCloud sync in 1Password on your MacBook Pro. If you get the same error again, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from that Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply with a ticket ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Johnm2
    Johnm2
    Community Member
    Options

Backups - Completed.

I went to re-enable iCloud backup on my iPhone and I got the following message: "Failed to fetch some record zones. 1Password encountered a problem." is it OK to het Dismiss on this message?

• Johnm2
    Johnm2
    Community Member
    Options

I needed to use 1Password on my iPhone, so I went ahead and hit dismiss. It did not synch with iCloud. After about 10 minutes of it saying Looking up iCloud information..., I canceled the operation. I tried to sync with iCloud on my iPad and I got the same thing.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johnm2,

If Ive understood your current state you've attempted everything Drew suggested and all that is left is to request a diagnostic report now. We are tracking certain iCloud related issues so the diagnostic report will hopefully allow us to determine if this is the case for you. If you have already sent in a diagnostic report I apologise and ask if you could post the ticket ID so we can easily locate it.

• Johnm2
    Johnm2
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Just sent the diagnostic report with a link to this thread.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

@Johnm2: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: MII-23687-767

• Mark-Lee
    Mark-Lee
    Community Member
    Options

Having the exact same issue here. Noticed it started happening during the usage of beta versions of both iOS and OS X (could be a coincidence). Now that the betas became releases, the problem still exists, though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mark-Lee: Definitely a coincidence, as these are the only reports of this phenomenon thus far. It's my guess that some kind of a reset may need to be done, but we simply don't have access to anything apart from the API that Apple provides. Ultimately you may need to contact them directly. But please send diagnostics as Drew described above and we will do whatever we can to get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.