1Password button doesn't do anything in Internet Explorer 11

trenec
trenec
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello, I am normally only a Mac user, but I decided that it would be helpful to have passwords saved for work as well. I created a vault for work from my macbook pro, and I purchased 1P for Windows for my work laptop. It works in Chrome, but I need it more in IE, and it's not working there. The button is showing, but nothing happens when I click it or use ctl+. I've tried re-installing 1P, restarting the helper and turning the add on off an on. How can I get it to work because if it won't work in IE, it's not very helpful to me as most of our websites don't always work well in chrome.

Thanks, Tammy

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@trenec: Strange, as I haven't encountered websites that don't work in Chrome recently. Also, it sound like you may have part of 1Password disabled in Internet Explorer.

First, make sure that you have two 1Password addons enabled in Internet Explorer, and then try the steps in this guide.

Additionally, it may be that some security software on your computer is blocking 1Password from working. Try disabling it temporarily to see if that helps, and the more information you can give us the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• trenec
    trenec
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

@brenty : thanks, I followed all those steps in the link and everything was set correctly. The shortcut works, ctl+\, but when i press the 1P button in the toolbar, it does nothing.

Also, when I select the login from the Ctl\ dropdown, it doesn't fill in the password.

• 1Password's Internet Explorer add-on is fairly resistant to outside interference due to the way it has to be implemented. There are, however, security apps that can mess with it. Which security software are you using on this machine?

Another possibility is that your Internet Explorer installation is damaged in some way.

This discussion has been closed.