how do i safely uninstall 1Password3?

I currently have both version 3.8.2 and 5.3.2 of 1Password installed on my MacBook Pro. I'm reading your article "How to safely uninstall the 1Password3 browser extension". I don't understand the first section re: to make sure 1P has all my data. How do I manually save a login and proceed from there?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bgloss,

Step 3 of How to safely uninstall the 1Password 3 browser extension is just wanting you to create a new Login item from within your browser (so through the extension). What we're trying to test is the connection between the actual application and the extension - is the connection still present or has it become disconnected?

One way is for the extension to see you've submitted a Login and ask if you want to save, the other is to fill in the fields like you were going to but don't click on the login button. Instead click on the 1Password 3 Browser Extension icon and then click on the + button in the top right hand corner. The 1Password 3 Browser Extension will see the login page and you can click on the Save button to save. After that, if the Login item appears in your vault when viewed from the main 1Password application you know the extension and the application are still talking and that everything is properly stored in your real vault.

Does that help?

• bgloss
    bgloss
    Community Member

OK, got it. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We are always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.