bought 1password in a bundle. It now sends an error message about being expired.

Options
jdm1033
jdm1033
Community Member

Says "TRIAL EXPIRED. CLICK HERE TO BUY"

This support format is a pain. You should have a direct contact link

1Password Version: Don't know how to find
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Which bundle? When?

The AgileBits staff (I'm not a staffer, just a frequent contributor) will need that info to help you.

In general, 1PW needs a license file. For direct purchases, there is a link in an email. The same will be needed in a bundle purchase, but I don't know how the bundle provider arranges to have that email sent.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@jdm103 - Just chiming in to add that you can email for help to support@agilebits.com, but you will get faster service here in the forum. (I also do not work for AgileBits.)

I'm going to guess that you will be directed to your bundle provider for help with your license. AgileBits won't have any record of your purchase. But I'm sure someone who knows for sure will be along shortly and point you in the right direction.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdm1033,

I'm sorry for any confusion about the Trial Expired message you're seeing. We have some information about that here: “Trial Expired” notice (Mac)

However, that article may not help if you bought your 1Password license from another seller as part of a bundle. Depending on the seller and when you bought it, we may or may not have a record of your license in our own system. But either way, when you bought that bundle, you should have received an email from the seller with information about your license for each app that was included. If you still have that email, it should give you information about your 1Password license.

As hawkmoth said, you can also contact us via email at support@agilebits.com, and if you're having trouble finding your license info, you'll probably need to email us anyway in case we need any information (like an email address, receipt, etc) that shouldn't be posted on these public forums. Please also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots". Thanks! :)

• jdm1033
    jdm1033
    Community Member
    Options

I bought as a package with Parrells for my MAC.
    Why do things have to be SO complicated?

• jdm1033
    jdm1033
    Community Member
    Options

Why is it asking me to register when I've done so already?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdm1033,

As the folks behind Parallels didn't have a way to directly interface with out database we needed a way where their customers could register the copy of 1Password they obtained as part of the bundle. Parallels should have sent you instructions on how to register your 'purchase' with us so we could then send you a proper licence file.

Now I haven't seen the email you received from Parallels so I don't know exactly what it said but it should have included steps for any application in this position. Once you've registered your Parallels purchase with us you will be sent an email with a link that will complete the registration inside 1Password.

Did you register 1Password with us after your Parallels purchase?

• If you haven't yet then you would need to do so to proceed.
    • If you have you should have received an email from us with a link to click. If needed you can ask for this email to be resent via the form at the bottom of the AgileBits Support page.

Hopefully it won't take too long to sort out now :smile:

This discussion has been closed.