Password not filling in (Chrome & Safari) (username is) but it used to

Options
craigabbott
craigabbott
Community Member
edited June 2015 in Mac

I'm on a 2011 Macbook Pro running Mavericks and 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000). I also have extensions installed for Chrome (4.3.1.90) and Safari (4.3.1).

At work I sign into an internal site all the time (using Chrome) and it worked fine until today (doesn't work on Safari either now). It auto-fills my username but has stopped auto-filling my password. I've removed and re-installed the Chrome extension (rebooting in between), and I've removed the applicable entry from my Vault and re-created it but still no luck. I'm new to debugging so not sure what else I should try.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

_1Password Version: 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000)
_Extension Version: Chrome (4.3.1.90)
_OS Version: 2011 Macbook Pro running Mavericks
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @craigabbott,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with one of your Login items! If the exact same Login used to work correctly, and now it has the same problem in both Safari and Chrome, it sounds like something changed on the website. In that case, you should normally be able to follow the steps in this knowledgebase article to save a new Login item that works. You said you recreated that Login item, but I'm not sure of the steps you took to do that, so please make sure you follow the steps in that article in case it helps.

If it's still a problem, we would normally ask for the URL so we can test it ourselves - but you mentioned this is an "internal site" so I'm guessing that means we won't be able to view it? Or if I'm wrong about that, please let us know the URL so we can try it. Thanks!

• craigabbott
    craigabbott
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG,

That worked. THANK YOU.

I noticed I have many internal sites at my work that all require the same credentials and I recently had to change the password. In the act of updating all of my individual 1Password vault entries I wondered if I could have just 1 entry so that I only have to maintain the password once, and then just list all the applicable websites for that 1 entry. It worked for most sites that I consolidated but I must have done something wrong for one of them. They all seem to be working for that consolidated entry now. If going forward I discover other issues in keeping 1 entry that applies to multiple sites I'll revert back to keeping 1 vault entry per site...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome @craigabbott, I'm glad that solved the problem! :)

As for using one Login item for multiple sites, it sounds like you figured out you can add multiple URLs to one Login item. That should normally work fine for the sites that are for the same online account. If you run into problems with that, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.