Start up 1Password to access Sites

RobtB
RobtB
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just downloaded 1Passport and entered a number of sites that I visit by way of RoboForm. When I click on the site using 1Passport, nothing happens. I am using Windows XP and Internet Explorer. What should I do to access my sites?

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: i
OS Version: Windows XP
Sync Type: ???

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @RobtB,

When the site is opened in Internet Explorer, can you press the 1Password button on Internet Explorer's command bar to select the Login you want to fill. Does that fill in your data? You can also use the faster method, pressing the shortcut, Control + \.

PS: Our product name is 1Password, not 1Passport.

• RobtB
    RobtB
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I see the information for each site as I press the the Login key but nothing happens after that. It shows my user name, the password (asterisks) and other info but no connection occurs.
    I don't understand the shortcut you suggested.

• Hi @RobB,

I see the information for each site as I press the the Login key but nothing happens after that. It shows my user name, the password (asterisks) and other info but no connection occurs.

It sounds like you right-clicked on a Login item. Instead of doing that, just click on the Login item you want to fill and 1Password should fill the data into the website and submit the form for you automatically. If it is not submitting the form, press the submit or Login button on the site and it should log you in.

I don't understand the shortcut you suggested.

The keyboard shortcut allows you to ask 1Password to fill your data that it can find for the site. If you visit a site manually in your browser, you can just press Control + \ on your keyboard and 1Password will instantly fill and submit the form for you. This avoids the need to use your mouse to press the 1Password button and to click on a Login to fill.

• RobtB
    RobtB
    Community Member

Still no luck! I tried this program on another computer, a laptop running Windows 8 and using Google Chrome. This time I entered the URL for each site but nothing happened. There must be something major that I am missing. Thanks for your patience.

• Hi @RobtB,

Can you email us at support@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and we'll help you further.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.