Can't apply license

Options
daclements
daclements
Community Member

I just bought a new MacBook and I;m trying to install 1Password to sync with my existing vault on Dropbox. I downloaded 1Password from the website and installed it. When I retrieved my license file by entering my email address on your website and I go to install the license, 1Password does nothing. When I go to 1Password 5 > License and try to manually navigate to the license key file, it just refreshes the dialog box for adding your license or buying one. What am I missing? I tried reinstalling 1Password and restarting my MacBook to no avail.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What happens if you click on Click Here To Apply My License in the licence file? There is a knowledge base article here which may help:

How do I add my license to 1Password?

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daclements,

Did Stephen_C's post help at all? I did try searching our records for your licence but I couldn't find any results based on your forum email address. Please do let us know how you get along.

• daclements
    daclements
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a video of what happens when I try to apply my license: https://drive.google.com/a/davidclements.me/file/d/0B9VvnxQpGfq7RUdYVzBVUlpYcms/edit?usp=drivesdk

I have updated the email address on my profile so that you can see my license. Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daclements,

This is unusual. You are doing everything properly so I'd like to see if the log highlights anything.

I would like you to create the following Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• daclements
    daclements
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Email on its way :)

ref: HPI-57582-889

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see somebody is already in contact with you. Hopefully we can get this resolved now :smile:

As we are communicating with you via email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

This discussion has been closed.