How to use on another Mac with iMac 2.8 GHz Intel core i5 – 0S X 10.9.5

Options
gas
gas
Community Member

I can't find out nor do I understand the method of how to get 1Password over to my wife's computer so she can use the app.

1Password Version: 5.01
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
KB Article: data-locations

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Did you buy 1P from the Mac App Store or from the AgileBits store? (If you're not sure go to 1P > About 1Password and it should tell you.)

If the former and your wife uses the same Apple ID as you (or is part of a family sharing arrangement under OS X Yosemite) she can simply download the app on her computer from the Mac App Store without paying for it again.

If, on the other hand, you bought from the AgileBits store, the licence

can be shared by up to six family members living in the same household.

All you need to do in that case is to copy your licence to your wife's machine and she can use it to license a version of 1P5 that she downloads from the AgileBits store. Your licence should be stored in 1P under 1Password in Software Licenses. You can transfer it to your wife's machine in any way you choose (email, USB stick, etc.). If you need to have the licence re-sent to you go to this page.

To make it quite clear, the Mac App Store version of 1P does not use a licence file (the app is automatically licensed via the App Store). The AgileBits store version of 1P does use a licence file.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gas,

Hopefully you found Stephen_C's post helpful. If you have any questions do please let us know and we shall answer/clarify what we can :smile:

• gas
    gas
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for this feedback and clear instructions.... You guys are good.
    Such a pleasure dealing with an organization that is on the ball.
    Graham

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

All credit goes to @Stephen_C who yes, is always on the ball. Stephen_C is a dedicated user of 1Password who gains enjoyment from browsing the forums and helping fellow users. We owe Stephen and the other community moderators a great deal of gratitude for the time they've selflessly given up.

Anyway, I'm glad everything is running properly and should you ever find you have other questions or issues please don't hesitate to pop back and ask - we'll see if we can beat Stephen_C to the post :wink:

This discussion has been closed.