manual save login not working

Options
crynfryn
crynfryn
Community Member

On the webpage below when I try and save a login manually nothing happens - can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks

https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• bmazin
    bmazin
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having issues with this site

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Well, I've just tried to create a new login for that page and (in spite of being able to log in once I've filled in the appropriate details) when I invoke 1P mini and choose "Save new Login from the menu nothing at all is saved...so I'm inclined to agree with both of you. :)

Edit: Oh dear, the times I've asked for this from others: OS X 10.10.3, Firefox 38.0.5 with the 4.4.0.b9 1P extension and using 1P 5.4.BETA-20.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @crynfryn, @bmazin & Stephen_C

I don't have the glory of saying it's fixed but I think I have the next best thing.

Please find below something we call a JSON. If you select the entire JSON and copy it to OS X's clipboard then you will see a new menu option appear in 1Password. You will find the menu option at File > New Item from Clipboard and it appears when 1Password recognises that there is a JSON in the clipboard. This JSON belongs to a Login item titled Viewdrivingrecord and it will fill in all three fields and tick the checkbox for consent. Now the data inside is dummy data but we'll resolve that in a moment. So first the JSON

{"sectionName":"V","details":{"backupKeys":["LBh7J35Dr1RbheoxwEFhcGN1x9dFFETlnwDMx4bUrxDR+IqGzTW0I5pu7mu7qDK\/+40wW69P4GINRZ\/3uQInUQ=="],"htmlForm":{"htmlMethod":"LB1"},"fields":[{"value":"","id":"applicantPassportNumber;opid=__0","name":"applicantPassportNumber","type":"T"},{"value":"MORGA657054SM9IJ","id":"dln;opid=__2","name":"dln","type":"T"},{"value":"QQ123456C","id":"nino;opid=__3","name":"nino","type":"T","designation":"username"},{"value":"EH19SP","id":"postcode;opid=__4","name":"postcode","type":"T"},{"value":"✓","id":"dwpPermission;opid=__5","name":"dwpPermission","type":"C"},{"value":"View now","id":"submitDln;opid=__6","name":"","type":"I"}]},"uuid":"B1FB05C6F26A4428B78CEF5CC1127C16","updatedAt":1435691149,"createdAt":1435691087,"categoryUUID":"001","overview":{"ps":34,"title":"Viewdrivingrecord","url":"https:\/\/www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk\/driving-record\/licence-number","ainfo":"QQ123456C","autosubmit":"never"},"URLs":[{"overview":{"label":"website","url":"https:\/\/www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk\/driving-record\/licence-number"}}]}

So you select and copy the entire block. You make use of the File > New Item from Clipboard menu option and in 1Password for Mac it will create a new item that starts off in Edit mode. You will click on the button titled show web form details and in there you will see three lines containing the example data from the DVLA page. If you edit those three fields so that they contain your data I believe you will now have a working Login item for that page.

Ideally it would be great if 1Password can do this but at least this will allow you to proceed. Please do let me know if you find this useful and if it works for you. I do realise it's a workaround but if it does work then at least I've been able to assist a little today :smile:

Apologies for the bad formatting of that JSON block, I'm not sure how to get the forum to do a better job.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables has done some splendid work...but don't get too excited just yet because although it all works as he says it should there is still one small problem. The page fills as expected but, for me at least, then gives the error that "the requested licence cannot be found". I have been chatting with littlebobbytables, he is aware of the slight failing but has not yet given up: do not despair, UK drivers!

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

In lieu of possessing a driving licence myself I've been working with Stephen_C. We'd both appreciate if somebody else could test and see what they find.

During our further testing we've been finding something really odd. It seems the Login can work but it's hit and miss. I'm stumped at the moment, I'm comparing the headers for failed attempts to successful ones and there isn't a difference - as far as I can see 1Password has done it's bit and yet sometimes it will fail, sometimes it will work.

So I'll be curious as to what others find but please don't base your findings on a single attempt.

I remain baffled.

This discussion has been closed.