How can I prevent the people I share vaults from deleting items in the vault?

Manisha
Manisha
Community Member

Hello I have finally set up my one password account and have created vaults for all divisions in my company and I realized as I am sharing the vaults my employees have the access to delete passwords. Is there a way to prevent this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Manisha,

There isn't a way from inside 1Password, the application currently does not have the granular controls that you're looking for. Now depending on how you share these vaults though there might be ways to enforce a ready-only state to the sync data. I'm thinking of Dropbox for Business where you can share a folder but only in the read only state. That's in contrast to a standard Dropbox account where sharing a folder is for both read and write. This Dropbox article will explain more, Can I set file permissions for members of my shared folders? You can't stop somebody from deleting something from their local copy of the synced vault but you could at least stop those changes being propagated through the company. You could likely do something similar with file permissions if you're using Folder Sync.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I don't know if it's of any use or not.

This discussion has been closed.