1PasswordAnywhere not loading the encryptionkeys.js file error [Open it on Dropbox.com in browser]

woolyhat
woolyhat
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi
When trying to open the 1Password anywhere html page from a sych'd dropbox folder on at least 2 PC's the html page states there is a problem loading the encryptionkeys.js file.

I have checked that the file is accessible, and I have performed a repair through the 1Password windows application.
Please advise why this is not working?

thanks
Martin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@woolyhat: Indeed. You will get this error if you are trying to load the page from the local filesystem. You'll need to open it from the Dropbox website, as the browser does not allow web pages local file access. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• woolyhat
    woolyhat
    Community Member

Hi, thanks very much for the quick reply.

I'm not sure I follow. Going to Dropbox via a web browser and right clicking the 1password html file and pressing open results in the synchronised windows explorer file being opened. which of course results in exactly the same outcome....?
    Please advise?

thanks
    Martin

• Hi @woolyhat,

Do not right-click on anything, simply click on 1Password.html and it will then show you the 1PasswordAnywhere interface as a web app.

• woolyhat
    woolyhat
    Community Member

ahh, problem solved. Operator error ;-)
    thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@woolyhat: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that helped. And hey, it happens to the best of us. That's what were here for! :)

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member

Out of interest, 1PasswordAnywhere has NEVER worked for me on Windows (in any browser I've tried). I haven't worried about it since I have the full client in so many places but it's always annoyed me :) Is the issue that it doesn't actually work locally? (I don't use Dropbox).

• Many browsers put restrictions on running websites from offline locations that require the use of javascript.
    You can read about it in our article about 1PasswordAnywhere and local file restrictions.
    The article will also explain how to circumvent these restrictions in some cases.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@wraith you can run 1PasswordAnywhere locally by using a local webserver. Lookup Google's Mongoose.
    https://code.google.com/p/mongoose/

• Good advice Richard, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.