How to use existing 1PW5 for Mac vault or backup [Resolved later by switching to Dropbox]

mikedickson161
mikedickson161
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've copied a backup from Mac to PC, but not correct file format. I've got Sync to iCloud enabled on Mac and can browse wo iCloud in Internet Explorere, but I don't see any 1 Password data stored.

So it's - How to use 1PW5 for MAC vault on new install of 1PW4 on windows.

1Password Version: MAC 5.0, WIndows 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: OSX10 WIndows 7
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikedickson161: Sorry for the confusion! Windows does not have iCloud Sync (yet?), but we're hopeful that Apple will expand the supported platforms in the future.

You can, however, use Folder Sync with iCloud Drive if you like, provided you do not need to sync mobile devices as well (iOS apps use CloudKit for syncing). If you can tell me all the OS and 1Password versions you're using and what you're trying to accomplish, I can give you more specific advice. Thanks in advance! :)

• mikedickson161
    mikedickson161
    Community Member

I ended u changing the syncing from iCloud back to Dropbox on my Mac, which I also have on PC. Wasn't sure if I could do that at first because I couldn't remember if I bought from AgileBit or OS X App Store. Whichever version I had allowed me to change syncing over to more "universal" Dropbox platform, then it was pretty straightforward. Thanks for your time and reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikedickson161: Any time! I'm glad that worked for you. I tend to stick with Dropbox myself most of the time since it's available on more platforms. It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.