Sync between 3.8.22 on desktop system with OS 10.7 and an iPhone (iOS 8.4 with 1Password iOS)

I have older hardware. Need to sync (if possible, otherwise export/import?) data from 3.8.22 on a desktop system with OS 10.7 and an iPhone (iOS 8.4) with 1Password iOS installed. There is no sync feature (as appears in the related instructions in your knowledge base) in my 1PW v.3 Preferences. (There is General, Security, Browsers, Logins, Backup, Advanced). I would use Dropbox or iCloud but can't see a way to do so. What are my options? Which do you recommend?

Thanks,
Scott

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 10.7.5
Sync Type: None are available?!?
KB Article: export-extension-data

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScottS_,

It just so happens that you can sync 1Password 3 for Mac with Dropbox! Just follow this article to get 1Password for Mac set up, then our User Guide can walk you through the process on iOS.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

• ScottS_
    ScottS_
    Community Member

Excellent.

The process worked perfectly and only took a few minutes.

It's great that the apps maintain/update sync in the background.

Thanks, Megan

• ScottS_
    ScottS_
    Community Member

One last question,

I have rich icons enabled in the iOS app however only some of the thumbnail icons that appear on the desktop app appear on the iPhone app (i.e. a number are missing on the iPhone). Any idea why this is?

Scott

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Scott ( @ScottS_ ),

I'm so glad to hear that you've gotten things all synced up! That's wonderful. :)

Now, rich icons in the iOS app (and in later versions os 1Password for Mac as well) are handled by our own server. We're working on building a database of all the lovely icons from all of the websites ... but we're not quite at 100% just yet. If you let me know which icons are missing on iOS, I can add them to our 'to do' list.

This discussion has been closed.