Purchasing for home use.

If I download 1password from your site, can also use it on my wife's laptop and our two android smartphones?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 44scrrex911
    44scrrex911
    Community Member

One pc is windows 7 and the other is windows 8

• Hi @44scrrex911,

1Password is licensed per person and per platform (i.e. Android vs Windows vs iOS, etc), rather than per device. You can read more about this "sane" method of software licensing here:
    https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

When purchased from our online store (http://agilebits.com/store), our "Single license" is modeled after the Mac App Store's Family Sharing policy: it allows 1Password to be used by up to five family members on any number of devices of the purchased platform (e.g., a 1Password for Windows single license is valid for all of your Windows PCs).

1Password for Android is available through Google on the Google Play store:
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/android

If the two of you are using the same ID in the Google Play Store, you'll be able to install 1Password on both devices.

I hope this helps.

• 44scrrex911
    44scrrex911
    Community Member

OK, thanks. Now a few more questions:

• Since we can use the 1password on the Windows platform for both laptops, does that mean we have one sign in and password or can she have her own password for sign in?
    • Does this mean we only have one data base for both of our sign ins for all our passwords in one cloud?
    • If we use different IDs or passwords for the Play Store, can we still download and sync with our separate data bases?
    • Or does it mean we will only get one data base and we share all of our passwords?
    • Now in terms of getting going, do we both through your store, download the 30 day trial and use the same license or key. . .or do I download first and then she downloads using my license or key?
    • Thanks.
  • Hi @44scrrex911,

Since we can use the 1password on the Windows platform for both laptops, does that mean we have one sign in and password or can she have her own password for sign in?

1Password isn't a subscription service that you can log into to get your data, it's a standalone local program that stores your data in an encrypted folder on your drive. The data folder is locked with the master password you gave it when you started using 1Password.

That means if you and your wife have your own computers or your own account on the same computer, both of you will be using two separate data folders that is not connected to each other unless you choose to sync the same folder. If you choose to sync, then it'd be the same folder on both computers and you guys can unlock with the same vault password to see the same data.

• Does this mean we only have one data base for both of our sign ins for all our passwords in one cloud?

Not by default. 1Password stores your data folder locally and does not leave your local drive. If you choose to sync this folder to the cloud and share it with your wife, than, yes you both can unlock with the same master password.

You both can also choose to sync to the cloud in a separate cloud accounts such as two different Dropbox accounts and that'll be separated. If you'd like, you can ask Dropbox to share the 1Password folder with your wife, which means she can use her account to access the shared folder in your account and sync it.

• If we use different IDs or passwords for the Play Store, can we still download and sync with our separate data bases?

The Play Store ID is not linked against your 1Password database, it is only used to unlock the Pro features in the Android app. You use your own Dropbox account to log in, download your 1Password data folder and unlock with the vault's password.

• Now in terms of getting going, do we both through your store, download the 30 day trial and use the same license or key. . .or do I download first and then she downloads using my license or key?

You both download the same trial version from our site here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

You can then give your license key to your wife and she can register the program with it.

• 44scrrex911
    44scrrex911
    Community Member

Thank you. We have downloaded and are starting to get used to it. Will take a little time I can tell. You have been helpful.

• You're welcome :)

I recommend taking a close look at our guides for 1Password 4 for Windows to get you acquainted with the application and its features quickly.

If you have problems, our support knowledge base is always a good starting point. Or you can simply write us here in the forum. We'd be happy to answer any and all questions you might have for us.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.