Clicking on 1Password icon in Chrome doesn't do anything [An update to 1Password fixed it]

bobkusa
bobkusa
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

For some unknown reason, my 1password extension icon in the chrome web browser is not responding when I click on it.
I have to open the application, copyn then password and paste to log into a web site.
How do I fix this?
Where do I find the 1Password Version. It should be the latest update
Where do I find the Extension Version?
OS is Windows 8.3
Sync Type is unknown to me. How do I find that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• It looks like some piece of software on your PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?

• jnissan
    jnissan
    Community Member

I am having the same issue, I use AVG antivirus 2015. I have been using this software for a couple months now but the extension icon not working just started happening a couple days ago.

• Hi @jnissan,

Can you try this instruction for AVG to see if it will help with your issue: https://support.1password.com/configure-avg-surf-shield/

• bobkusa
    bobkusa
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

Internet connection for Chrome does not show a proxy server
    the tablet (Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.3) is using WebRoot SecureAnywhere for security. This has been in place since initial setup of the tablet. The problem with the 1Password Chrome extension has occurred since the last 1Password extension update.

• Hi @bobkusa,

Webroot has blocked our extension from working in the past. Can you try disabling it for Chrome and/or 1Password and see if it will work?

• bobkusa
    bobkusa
    Community Member

I disabled it from it's advanced settings by turning off RealTime Shield, Web Shield, and Firewall. 1Password Chrome extension still will not respond to a mouse click.

• MikeT
    edited July 2015

Hi @bobkusa,

What about pressing Control + Alt + \ while in Chrome, does it bring up 1Password menu at all?

Any issues in Internet Explorer?

• jnissan
    jnissan
    Community Member

still no luck, after tried the instructions on the link but that only worked until I turned off and turned my computer back on, also tried temporary disabling avg no luck. Also made exceptions on AVG for all 1pass applications.

• Hi @jnissan,

Any issue in Internet Explorer?

Could you email us your diagnostics report, we might be able to find something in the logs. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• jnissan
    jnissan
    Community Member

Thank you Mike, I think the issue may have been that I didnt have the most updated version of 1password. I just updated mine, if the problem continues ill rerun a diagnostic report and keep you updated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, excellent! I'm glad to hear that the update resolved the issue. Thanks for letting us know! You should be all set, but be sure to reach out if we can be of any further assistance! :)

• bobkusa
    bobkusa
    Community Member

ctrl Alt + \ does not bring up 1Password on either Chrome or Internet Explorer

• Hi @bobkusa,

Can you first reproduce the problem and then use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us. In the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• bobkusa
    bobkusa
    Community Member

Thank you for hanging in there with me. I rebooted my PC and received a Agilebits notice for an update. I loaded the update and now can open the browser extension and log into a web site.

It appears the problem just needed a 1Password update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bobkusa: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that it's working for you again. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.