Clicking on 1Password icon in Firefox isn't doing anything

Wezzy
Wezzy
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Firefox 39 installed on PC running Windows 7
1Password 4.5.0.575 installed
When I click on the icon for 1Password on the Mozilla tab nothing happens. I have reinstalled the extension a number of times, turned of the firewall. Still nothing happens

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.4.0
OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• It looks like some piece of software on your PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits—as you've already guessed when deactivating the firewall—are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server. Sometimes other extensions can interfere with 1Password as well.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?
    A list of extensions used in Firefox besides 1Password will be helpful, too.

• MikeT
    edited July 2015

Hi @Wezzy,

If you go to the login page of one of your sites and press Control + \ does 1Password then fill the login for you?

Also, please try updating 1Password and its extension as well, we just released big updates a few hours ago; 1Password 4.6 for Windows and 1Password 4.4.1 extension for Firefox.

• Wezzy
    Wezzy
    Community Member

I am using Sophos Anti-Virus. How do I found out if I am using a proxy server? I have also downloaded the most recent updates.

• Hi @Wezzy,

Sophos Anti-Virus is most likely responsible for this. But fret not, our Configuring Sophos knowledge base article will help you fix this.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.