[Suggestion]: Edit Login GUI Improvement

Hello,

One thing that I would greatly like to see would be to adjust the User Interface of editing logins on the windows desktops to more closely match the iOS interface. The UI for the edit login screen on windows is currently pretty clunky to use. For example, it takes opening up the login item and then opening up the field in the bottom part of that window in order to change a field like a password. This is a bit of a hassle and clunky. By comparison, one can directly edit the password field on a login item when using the iOS interface when one goes to the edit view. The iOS interface is also, in my opinion, prettier and nicer.

See screenshots for reference:

This shows the new login on windows

This shows the edit view on windows

This shows the edit view on iOS on my iPad

As you can see, the edit view on the iPad is easy to access and one can directly modify the data without having to go to a new view/window

I love 1Password and I use it prolifically. This enhancement would make the program better for me and I am sure others as well. As a software developer, I know the importance of clean and intuitive GUIs and I think this change would be a step in that direction.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Windows: 4.6.0.582
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90 Chrome
OS Version: Windows 8.1, iOS 9.0 Public Beta, iOS 8.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2015

Hi @TeraInferno,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it!

We do plan to simplify this UI workflow in the future for the Windows program but I don't have a timeframe on this. In addition, we are not likely to replicate the iPad experience but more based on the Mac version as it fits the standard keyboard/moues interaction and would be more consistent with iPad as well but more of a Windows feeling to it. A pure white/gray interface on Windows doesn't work really well but does on iOS as it fits the rest of the iOS interface.

• TeraInferno
    TeraInferno
    Community Member

Hello Mike. I agree that using the Mac UI would make more sense than the iOS one for the reasons you stated. I was mainly using the iOS screenshots for a reference point. I use 1Password on Mac, Windows and iOS. That is one of the things I love about the program is the compatibility with many OS's. It seems through that the windows version is in need of some love.

• Hi @TeraInferno,

Ah, yep. It would be nice to embed the editing within item view rather than separating it out into its own editor and also to have a consistent field layout like we see on other platforms. It's something we'd like to do in the future.

This discussion has been closed.