1Password constantly ask to save my data on a site [Click the option to never ask again on the site]

tnbikers
tnbikers
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Every time I log in to an account, on my pc, 1Password asks me if I want to save it. Also, I can't "Unlock" the !Password flag at the top of my The screen.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @tnbikers,

Every time I log in to an account, on my pc, 1Password asks me if I want to save it.

Does this happen on the same site or any sites?

Also, I can't "Unlock" the !Password flag at the top of my The screen.

Which browser are you using, Chrome? Can it unlock fine in Internet Explorer?

Please make sure you're up to date with 1Password 4.6 on Windows. Open the main program and go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version.

After it is updated, see if 1Password works better.

• tnbikers
    tnbikers
    Community Member

when i sign into 1password on my iphone 5s, i do not see a "Help" menu. So I still do not know how to check the version. Your seach menu was no help (for me anyway).

• @tnbikers - Can you confirm, are you having this problem on your Windows PC or iPhone?

• tnbikers
    tnbikers
    Community Member

I am not. And, since you answered my first comment, 1Password is acting normal on Google, in the fact that it unlocks 1password and allows me the opportunity to save the website. But Google still will ask me if I want to save the website when signing onto a site. Even if I have been using the site for a long time.

I am not having the concern on my iPhone or Windows.

Jim Hanson

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tnbikers: Sorry you're still having trouble. I'm afraid I'm not entirely clear just where the trouble is though.

I am not having the concern on my iPhone or Windows.

This part confuses me. Besides 1Password for Windows and 1Password for iOS, what else are you using 1Password that you're having the issue?

It sounds like maybe you're being repeatedly prompted to save your Google login in the web browser on your PC. Is that the case?

If that's the only issue you're having, I've got the solution for you right off: just click "Never for this site" when prompted.

Often you'll be prompted to save an existing login by 1Password if the page you're logging into is different (either the form, or the URL itself), or some of the input is different. But once you have your Google login saved, for example, you can just tell 1Password to not offer to save the login on that site again.

I hope this helps, but if you're still having trouble, please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect. The more information you can give, the better! I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• tnbikers
    tnbikers
    Community Member

OK. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.