Are the Windows Yours?

Windows are opening when I open emails, banks, etc. on the web. They look very similar to yours and are asking for master passwords. I suspect that some worm is trying to hack all my passwords. I don't know what to do.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.582(12)
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: 6.1.7601 service pack 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Can you screenshot it?
    Also do these password windows appear in task manager (load it from the Ctrl-Alt-Del menu)? If so then right click some of them in the task list and select "Go to process". Tell us what the exe name is.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lehma2: Indeed. A screenshot would be best. I'm not sure what would be opening 1Password Windows, but you never know so I'd rather not jump to any conclusions. When in doubt, simply don't enter your Master Password anywhere other than 1Password.

And also you can click the "Unlock on Secure Desktop" button in the main 1Password app to have Windows create a separate desktop which is isolated from other processes for you to enter your Master Password.

• Hi @lehma2,

If you are logging into your websites that 1Password doesn't have a record for in your database, 1Password will prompt to auto-save the data for you. If 1Password was locked, it would ask to unlock the data first before you'd see the auto-save dialog.

Here's what it looks like:

Asking to unlock 1Password:

To save your data into 1Password:

This discussion has been closed.