Hitman Pro thinks 1Password is Malware [False report, please report it to the vendor]

Gator5000e
Gator5000e
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I thought I would let you guys know that Hitman Pro is flagging the 1Password program as malware of some type and tries to remove it. I have emailed their support but wanted to let you knows know as well as your support is much more responsive. Maybe you have some connections to contact them about this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Gator5000e,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We've received other reports about a false positive from users.
    It is flagging installation file as malware or an update that 1Password downloaded?

In any case, I'd like to ask you to visit SurfRight's (the makers of HitmanPro) support page and click the 'Contact' link to send them an email and inform them about this.

If this case is like other ones we've seen in the past, one of the detection engines that HitmanPro uses, is causing this false positive.
    When you send the email, you can mention Alex Hoffmann from AgileBits and the support request #13815.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.