Can I send you a screen shot that shows you what my Preferences window looks like?

Options

My Preferences window does not look like the one your help page shows re syncing and Dropbox. I am trying to get my head straight about this syncing.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: I don't have an extension version
OS Version: os 10.10.4
Sync Type: dropbox I think

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

You can attach screen captures directly to a post here by dragging them into the comment window and dropping them there. After a brief pause, a link to where ever the forum stores images will show up. Post your comment and the image will appear where you put it within the message.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lucybird,

I hope you don't mind, but since you indicated you're using 1Password 3.8.22 on your Mac, I've moved your discussion to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum. In fact, if you were looking at Dropbox sync instructions for 1Password 4 or 5, that definitely explains why you're seeing something different.

If you're trying to set up Dropbox sync in 1Password 3 on your Mac, you should be able to do that by following the steps in this knowledgebase article.

If you run into trouble with that, please let us know exactly what happens, and feel free to include a screenshot - they're extremely helpful for us! :)

• lucybird
    lucybird
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this. As I was doing a little more researching while waiting to hear from you, I discovered there are newer versions than mine, though I always check for updates and download them. Hmmm. Will have to investigate this further. After checking out the article you sent. Is there an easy answer to what would make me choose to upgrade to 4 or 5 though?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lucybird,

1Password 3 for Mac was developed for OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard, and it is no longer in active development. It is as finished as it's going to get, and is not optimized for Yosemite. 1Password 4 for Mac was built for OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.8 Mountain Lion. 1Password 5 is our latest release for Mac, with features and functionality that work specifically with OS X 10.10 Yosemite, which you indicated you're running on your Mac. It's It's also still being improved with periodic minor updates based primarily on user feedback.

You can use your 1Password 3 license key to get a great 50% discount on a license for 1Password 5 from our upgrade store. But if you'd like to take advantage of iCloud Sync (another feature available in version 5 that version 3 didn't have), you'll need to buy 1Password 5 from the Mac App Store, which unfortunately doesn't offer upgrade discounts like we can in our store. It's your call.

I hope this info helps you make an educated decision, but also feel free to peruse our support site and/or the 1Password 5 user guide to get a feel for the features. And of course we'll be happy to help with any other questions you may have! :)

This discussion has been closed.