Cannot get the 2-page login to save correctly so it works! Help!

Options

Despite multiple attempts & following the instructions provided in the knowledge base to the letter, I cannot get the 2-page login to save correctly. When I try to log in it does everything from put in the user id and then put the password in the submit bar to not putting in the user id at all and getting an error from the bank website. Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• lsharman
    lsharman
    Community Member
    Options

Version 4.6.0.582 (12); extension version 4.6.582 (internet explorer); OS version 6.2.9200

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lsharman,

When I try to log in it does everything from put in the user id and then put the password in the submit bar to not putting in the user id at all and getting an error from the bank website. Please help!

Are you saying it is inconsistent each time? Is it possible to share with us the bank site's URL, so we can see their code? It might be because their login form is dynamically generated and keeps changing the field names around, making it hard for 1Password to find it next time.

• lsharman
    lsharman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much MikeT.
    Yes it is inconsistent. The bank URL is https://www.usbank.com/index.html and it is giving me fits. The user ID is put on this first page and then the password on the second page (provided you are on a computer the site recognizes--otherwise you have to do a security question). I tried adding it to 1Password using the browser extension, putting it in manually, changing, modifying--I must have tried every iteration possible and it would not work. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lsharman: Without an account it sounds like we won't be able to test much with this ourselves, but the best thing to do is the following:

1. Save your login information for each step in the multi-page process
    2. And (if you're still having trouble) report the login issue using our Synapse website issue tracker so the developers have the information they need to see if we can improve 1Password going forward

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Isharman,

The site is a known problematic one for us, we kept adding fixes but it doesn't always work. A quick search of the same bank in the forum here will shows a lot of results.

I'd like you to try something for me:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock and create a new Login item
    2. Give it the URL of: https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/Login?redirect=internet_banking_logon
    3. Enter your username and password and save it.

Try again in Internet Explorer with this specific Login item to see if it works. I'd recommend going to the site manually in IE first rather than opening it from the main program, it might work better.

• lsharman
    lsharman
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT and Brenty. Thanks so much for your help. I think I need to change my attitude about what 1Password is supposed to do, which is provide all my logins, passwords & other info in one convenient (and secure!) place. For my own protection, it's not supposed to be an auto loading servant!
    L

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

MikeT and Brenty. Thanks so much for your help. I think I need to change my attitude about what 1Password is supposed to do, which is provide all my logins, passwords & other info in one convenient (and secure!) place. For my own protection, it's not supposed to be an auto loading servant!

@lsharman: You are most welcome! I am sorry that 1Password isn't a panacea for all login issues, but that won't stop us from trying. We'll keep pushing as hard as we can, so long as it doesn't come at the expense of our security. Thanks so much for your patience and support. :chuffed:

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Isharman,

You're welcome. One thing is, you can try Auto-Type as well, this is the last option we recommend to users when certain Logins aren't working as expected with the default filling method. Plus it is useful for applications, not just browsers.

If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know, we'll be here waiting to help out.

This discussion has been closed.