Password revealed when editing login entry [Intentional for now]

Options
Hawkwind
Hawkwind
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When in edit mode for a given login entry (ie: click the pencil) in the fields below, the password is revealed when it should be concealed by default. Unlike in non-edit mode where there is a View option to toggle reveal/conceal password, in the edit mode there is no option, no way to control and since the default is to reveal, the password it revealed.

Request: For edit mode inside an entry, please change the default to conceal passwords and create an option to reveal when the user want to reveal the passwords. May I suggest an overall reveal as well as a one time while in edit mode. I might use the one time while editing. I would always want passwords concealed no matter where they are and no matter what I'm doing in 1Password unless I want to do a one time override of the default conceal like in non-edit mode.

Windows 7 64bit, 1Password 4.6.0.583 (still latest as of this writing)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Hawkwind,

We absolutely agree with your ideal that the sensitive fields should always be concealed by default everywhere regardless of what you're doing, this is the default option that we use as much as we can.

However, in this unique case, this is intentional for a few reasons: you need to be able to see what you're editing, it is actually difficult to make a concealed field into a temporarily revealed editable type, and also making it accessible to screen readers for visual-challenged users to understand what is happening.

Unfortunately, editable and accessible concealed field type is something that's difficult to get consistently right on many platforms. We ran into a lot of problems with this on the iOS platform as well, which caused us to come up with a weird workaround where the concealed field has to have a revealed field shown underneath concealed but editable field to let you edit it. I'm not sure this is something we can do for Windows but we'll see what we can do in the future.

This discussion has been closed.