Error message after today's morning update of 1Password for Windows.

Options

Hello. I have a license for 1Password on Windows 7 that I use to sync to my Galaxy note 3 and this morning an update "broke" the app on Windows. I can no longer open the software on Windows to get to my passwords. I tried to reinstall the software but nothing changed the situation. It keeps giving me an error message saying that WIndows can not find the path to the software and that I might not have the admin rights to do this... I tried to install it on an Admin account but it did not change the situation.
The link provided is a picture of the error message (in French). This situation is really bad since I can not access to my passwords on my laptop. Please help.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Eric Plante,

Did you reinstall 1Password on top of the existing file or did you remove the pervious copy first? It looks like there's some permission issue. Try this, it usually helps:

1. Uninstall 1Password via Control Panel > Remove Programs
    2. Go to your Program Files (x86) directory, move the 1Password 4 folder to your desktop
    3. Reboot your computer, and download (do not run from the browser) the latest copy from our site here: http://agilebits.com/downloads
    4. Run the installer, do not right-click on it to install as an admin, just run it as you would any other programs
    5. Restart the computer once more after the install is done (don't open 1Password yet) and see if 1Password will now work
This discussion has been closed.