click on chrome 1password icon does not open 1password

Options

This issue comes up from time to time. The 1password icon is present but does nothing when clicked. I then remove 1Password from Chrome and add it back again. This resolves the issue, but I don't think I should have to do that

1Password Version: 4.6.0.582
Extension Version: 4.4.1.90
OS Version: Windows XP SP3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

@cegcs: Very strange indeed. If you restart Chrome does that allow it to work as well? If you haven't done so already, please try that the next time it happens — if there is a next time. How about restarting Windows?

Also, be sure to update to the latest version of 1Password. We've made some improvements there to work around some issues where the Helper wasn't able to connect to the extension, so be sure to let me know if that helps.

It is also possibly that your Chrome profile itself is damaged, which can cause all sorts of extension issues. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

And finally, do you have "security" or "adblocking" software, either running in Windows or as another Chrome extension? Often these can actively block 1Password communications. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cegcs,

That will happen if 1Password Helper isn't running. If you open the main 1Password program and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper, it should then work in your browser.

We're investigating for the reason 1Password Helper is not being launched by Windows every time you restart. Can you tell me if you have any program that modifies how programs can start upon reboots?

This discussion has been closed.