Chrome Code signature issue after installing latest updates for Levono and graphics

Options
Bones
Bones
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am getting this message
Chrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and all other features are disabled until this issue is resolved

Has been installed and running Chrome for 6 months - no issues
updated some drivers today (Video etc) and Lenovos' Dependancy Setting update
Now get this error message
have checked the 127.0.0.1 address is excluded in Sophos config (had done that last time the issue arose)

have followed the Troubleshooting guide = How to resolve “code signature could not be verified” (Windows ...

i value assistance on this please

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
KB Article: invalid-code-signature-win

Comments

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member
    Options

I am getting this message
    Chrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and all other features are disabled until this issue is resolved

Has been installed and running Chrome for 6 months - no issues
    updated some drivers today (Video etc) and Lenovos' Dependancy Setting update
    Now get this error message
    have checked the 127.0.0.1 address is excluded in Sophos config (had done that last time the issue arose)

have followed the Troubleshooting guide = How to resolve “code signature could not be verified” (Windows ...

i value assistance on this please

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    KB Article: invalid-code-signature-win

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bones: The problem is not Chrome or 1Password, but some other software on your computer which is preventing the validation. 1Password won't just happily ignore the fact that the browser cannot be verified, so you can only get it to work by disabling code verification...which I would not recommend under the circumstances.

And while security software can certainly cause these kinds of problems too, I think you've found the real culprit yourself. Earlier this year it was discovered that Lenovo is installing Superfish on their PC hardware, which breaks the certificate chain (which 1Password and Chrome use to validate websites and each other) for the purposes of ad revenue.

Since you indicated that this became an issue after a Lenovo update, I think you may be on the right track. Malware removal isn't something that AgileBits can really help with, but once you've addressed that issue I suspect the problem will simply go away. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.