I have to enter the password after changing to secondary vault

Options
haddi
haddi
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi at all,

I use 1password on my mac & windows notebook. I have four vaults synchronized via dropbox.

When I want to change the vault on my mac I only have to click CMD + 2 / 3 (Nr. of the vault). I don't have to type in the respective password of this vault.

Now when I want to change to the e.g. secondary vault on my windows notebook** I must **type in the respective password for this vault.

Is there an option, which I can click, so that I don't have to type in the password for the secondary / third password for this vault? Can I save these passwords on my windows system?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Kevin

Mac: 5.3.2, OS 10.10.3, Dropbox
Windows: 4.5.0.575, OS 7

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@haddi - 1Password on Mac and 1Password on Windows handle multiple vaults differently. 1Password for Windows does not include the concept of primary and secondary vaults, so each vault is locked and unlocked separately. In 1Password for Mac unlocking your primary vault will grant access to all vaults.

1Password on Mac and iOS has a central database file that keeps all of your vaults and enables it to unlock all vaults at once via the primary master vault.
    This doesn't exist on Windows, it read and writes to your vault files directly, rather than dealing with one database file.

• haddi
    haddi
    Community Member
    Options

@LauraR - Thanks for your answer!
    That handling is very inconvenient, especially for a team with 12 users (7 windows, 5 mac) an 5 vaults via dropbox.
    Do you know, if there is any solution in sight (maybe an update)?

Kevin

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @haddi,

This isn't coming any time soon, it will require a complete overhaul of how 1Password for Windows works on the fundamental levels, just like the way the Mac app went for its 4th and 5th version. We do want to add that support but I don't have any timeframe we can give you, only that it won't be a quick fix.

This discussion has been closed.