Suggestion Android workarounds

2»

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts, Gazooo123. Of course we're sad to see you go, but we understand that you want to use the solution that is the most convenient for you. Thank you for the kind words about our software and service, and for sharing 1Password with your family.
  • esmith818
    edited December 1969
    so once we get it saved on the Droid, how do you open it? How do you access it?

I don' t think this question was ever answered, and I have the same one. I have spent more than two hours trying to find a way to get my passwords from 1Password to my Android device. I finally came across this thread and have managed to get a file shortcut on my Droid home screen which points to an encrypted HTML file on my SD card. When I attempt to open it in the default viewer, HTMLViewer, the initial screen requests my access password and a time limit for viewing. Once I enter the password, nothing happens. I can't see any password info which seems kind of pointless. How do I actually make use of the information so I can login to a website in the browser?

Sorry to be another grumpy user, but although 1Password is a god-send for my Mac (shared between a home laptop and a work desktop), not having a solution for Android is really kind of lame. I believe I recently saw a note on a newsfeed that 1Password was now available for the PC? If so, I think Android should be the next logical release. Please hurry. ;)
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, esmith818. Thanks for the kind words, glad you find 1Password so useful on your Macs! I'm sorry that we don't have an Android version planned at this time. In answer to your question, all you should need to do is open the encrypted web page with your web browser. That has what has worked for other folks with Android devices. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with this. Hopefully someone with an Android device will pop in and be able to help you resolve the issue.
  • cuestakid
    cuestakid
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I posted this comment somewhere else but I would like to repeat it
    I can export my encrypted webpage and see all my stuff but I cannot open the links inside the dropbox page, nor can I copy and paste any text. I may consider using lastpass and just paying a few years upfront if i cannot find a better method. I will certainly try sugarsync but I have a feeling that the same issue will occur.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    cuestakid wrote:
    I posted this comment somewhere else but I would like to repeat it
    I can export my encrypted webpage and see all my stuff but I cannot open the links inside the dropbox page, nor can I copy and paste any text. I may consider using lastpass and just paying a few years upfront if i cannot find a better method. I will certainly try sugarsync but I have a feeling that the same issue will occur.

Please see my reply to your other copy of this post here.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    We just made a big announcement today that I think everyone in this thread will enjoy! :)

1Password for Android is here! (clap) (party)

Please see this thread for screenshots and setup instructions.
This discussion has been closed.