OpenMeta compatibility

Future feature?
I am beginning to leverage the power of tags with my documents and this involves OpenMeta compatible tags.

Is there value to your customer base to have 1Password's tags to be OpenMeta compatible? If so, how and therefore, what plans are there to incorporate this budding standard?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    This is certainly an interesting possibility.

One thing to consider is the privacy and security implications of making the tag data available system wide. We are actually moving towards locking down 1Password's data even more rather than less.

I will pass this along to the rest of the team for consideration. Thanks for mentioning this. :-)
  • dvo llc
    dvo llc
    Community Member
    Thanks for the reply.

I realize the benefit of a metadata standard is contrary to the objective of 1Password. However, I wasn't sure if I was ignorant of other facets that may be of value.

I appreciate the consideration.

ps - I am big fan of 1Password.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the reply. … I appreciate the consideration.

You are most welcome. :-)

I realize the benefit of a metadata standard is contrary to the objective of 1Password. However, I wasn't sure if I was ignorant of other facets that may be of value.

I think you are right that this is probably not something that fits well with 1Password right now, but who knows what the future will bring?

ps - I am big fan of 1Password.

Aw... We're big fans of our awesome customers! Thank you so much for using 1Password. I hope we can make it even more enjoyable with every release.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.