Syncing with iPhone 6 & iPad

Options
IamMary
IamMary
Community Member

Bought 1pw from Apple yesterday. loaded on updated software Mac. iCloud drive says it is syncing, but I cannot find sync on my iCloud Drive on my phone or iPad and there is no icon for 1pw there either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iphone & ipad do not have sync option. 1pw loaded on Mac. Everything updated. Mac 1pw says syncing???

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IamMary,

To fully utilise 1Password's synchronisation you will need to be running 1Password on another device. What the syncing is doing is offering a way for you to share a single vault between all of your devices such that any changes in one place show up on the others. Each does require 1Password though for that to work as we don't store any data in a form that OS X or iOS can natively use.

Now 1Password for iOS currently uses what we call the freemium model. The application is free to download either via iTunes on your Mac (before transferring it to your iOS device) or you can download it from Apple's App Store app on your iOS device (not to be confused with the App Store application that is on your Mac - I'm sure there must be better names that could be used). If you like the free version and would find use in additional functionality we've labelled Pro features you can make an in-app purchase.

With 1Password for iOS on your iPhone or iPad though you can then have it synchronise with iCloud and anything that was on your Mac would be available on your iOS device.

Now the reason you can't see anything if you look specifically at your iCloud Drive is because we use CloudKit, which iCloud Drive is based upon. The data isn't stored directly in iCloud Drive although if you use System Preferences > iCloud you can see everything that stores data in iCloud regardless if it's using iCloud Drive. Each copy of 1Password can see it because each app has a single container that it can view and both the Mac and iOS are from the same family.

Does that help at all? If you have any follow up questions at all please do ask and we'll do our best to answer them :smile:

This discussion has been closed.