Syncing Android vault to empty Mac vault

Options
Nulltown
Nulltown
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

Hi,

I just did a clean install of OS X and only afterwards did I realise that I didn't back up my 1P vault. I usually use iCloud syncing, but I recently switched phones so I turned it off and have been using Wifi syncing recently. I've got all the data I need on my Android phone, but even when following your instructions, I can't sync over the data from the phone. I set up the new empty vault on my Mac, pulled to refresh on my phone, it asked for the Wifi secret, and then it spun for about 10 minutes. Eventually something showed up on my Mac, but unfortunately it's just 36 entries for 'Unnamed'. There are 36 items in the Android vault, so it's definitely seeing the phone, but the items are all empty.

Please help.

EDIT: Well, I got lucky. I happened to find the file I was using to manually sync between Android and OS X before you added wifi syncing to Android recently. It's just a few weeks old, so I don't think anything's wrong. I imported it as a new vault, exported the items, then deleted the vault and imported them to my primary one. I reinstalled the Android app and set up an existing vault with wifi sync. Now everything's working fine.

1Password Version: 5.3 (Mac) / 4.5 (Android)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Yosemite / Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nulltown,

Well I'm glad you managed to recover from this scenario and I'm glad you wrote in to us regarding it. One of our Android developers can reproduce the issue and has created a bug report regarding this as it is a bug in the very new Android Wi-Fi Sync. I'm just relieved you had the file you refer to to get you out of this jam.

ref: OPA-599

This discussion has been closed.