Kurtois
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

When I attempted this search:
https://support.1password.com/search/?q=secure+notes+images

I was interested in this result:

When I clicked the link to the Support Guide:
https://support.1password.com/ebooks/mac/onepassword-mac-user-guide.pdf

I performed a search for any text in the PDF using Preview. No results were returned.

Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:full screen browser Android

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I just downloaded that guide into iBooks on my iPad, and I can confirm that searches for text known to be contained in the document are not located. Search reports no results. That does seem odd to me too.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well I'm finding the same as both of you @Kurtois and @hawkmoth. I've asked the docs team and we'll find out what they say. For now though the epub version seems to be searchable on both my Mac and iPad so that should be a reasonable workaround I hope :smile:

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables - Where can I access the epub version? Would iBooks be the best application to view that version? Or is there an HTML version of the document?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kurtois,

Indeed we have both epub and HTML from what I can see, although the HTML is online only I'm afraid (in case you were hoping for a ZIP file for a localised copy). All of the various formats can be found at our User Guides page. The HTML versions are also linked on our AgileBits Support page though.

I'm not a massive eBook person but iBook seemed to be a reasonable way to read the epub version. I think it's pretty much whatever your favoured viewer is to be honest as I don't believe we're catering for a specific reader there. If you like iBook then epub is the format of choice. I hope that helps :smile:

This discussion has been closed.