Customizing Membership Data

wpbarnes
wpbarnes
Community Member

I have a medical evacuation membership that provides both a domestic as well as an international number. How can I insert a second telephone number field into a Membership item? Or, more generally, can I insert custom fields in any of the other categories?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:adding second telephone field membership item

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @wpbarnes ,

Here is how you can add a custom field to your entry, and label it as you wish.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wpbarnes ,

I hope that MrC's post has helped! Custom fields are really handy for any extra data you want to add that doesn't quite fit our templates.

If you've got any further questions about 1Password, we're always happy to help. :)

• wpbarnes
    wpbarnes
    Community Member

That helped, but there's still a few other details. First, when I try to choose a category for the new field, surprisingly, telephone number is not a choice. This seems like something that would be helpful. Secondly, is there a way to move these new fields around within the window? For example, I made an entry for my driver's license but there was no field for city, state, or zip. I created these, but I would prefer to have them placed underneath the address field rather than down at the bottom.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wpbarnes,

Thanks for your feedback on custom fields. We have actually added "Phone" as a custom field type in a recent beta version of 1Password for Mac, and it is on track to be included in the next stable release, though we do not yet have a date set for that release.

To change the order of fields while editing an item, click and hold the "drag handle" (three horizontal lines) next to the ellipsis button that you use to select the field type, and move the field to wherever you want it.

ref: OPM-3101

• wpbarnes
    wpbarnes
    Community Member

Ok, I'll wait for that. Thanks for the info on ordering the fields. BTW, was it the intent that for my address field in the driver's license item that I should have instead just entered the street address, city, state, and zip all in one long text string?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

BTW, was it the intent that for my address field in the driver's license item that I should have instead just entered the street address, city, state, and zip all in one long text string?

I just looked at my own Drivers License record, and that is indeed how I did mine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wpbarnes: Indeed! I understand that it may be a little confusing, since Identity items have all of this information separated, but there's a very good reason for that: Identity items are meant to be used for filling web forms (where there will be individual fields for each detail), so it's important that 1Password has all of these discretely defined so it can put them all in the right places. For a license, on the other hand, this isn't a requirement, so all of it can be put in a single field simply for your own reference. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.