changin my ID apple

Vlemok
Vlemok
Community Member

hi, i have buy one password app from my mac ID but I'm changing my ID and i want to know if it is possible to unregister it from my old id and register it on my new ID? thank you in advice

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

What version of 1P for Mac you are using? Tell us that because we need to know whether you bought it from the Mac App Store or direct from the AgileBits store (as well as knowing the exact version you are running).

Edit: sorry, I notice from the heading to your post that you're probably referring to your Apple ID so assume you're running 1P purchased from the Mac App Store. In that case you should be able to change your Apple ID without affecting your purchases. See this Maclife article.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Vlemok ,

Please let me know if the link that Stephen provided is any help to you! Apple ties all of your purchases to your AppleID, so if you create a brand new AppleID, none of your purchases will be associated with that ID.

Believe me, I wish that Apple was a bit more flexible with their ID system (I'd love to update my own AppleID.) Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to transfer purchases from one ID to another. You can still log in with the previous AppleID to access any of your previous purchases (for updates and such), but switching back and forth can become a little unwieldy.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

You may wish to look at family sharing and just have both of your ID's in the family share. https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/ There are limitations so be sure to check the documentation. That is if you purchased the app from the Mac App Store or iTunes stores. Family sharing does not affect the app if it were purchased from the AgileBits store.

It however does not cover In App Purchases, such as the pro 1Password features in the iOS app.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

You may wish to look at family sharing and just have both of your ID's in the family share.

@thightower - Now that's a really good idea that I had never thought of before. Family Sharing is a recent development from Apple, and when I last had a run-around with Apple about transferring purchase from one AppleID to another, it wasn't an option. And Apple would not (and still will not) merge AppleID accounts.

Our problem was that setting up a new Mac lured us in to creating a new AppleID, when that was completely unnecessary. Now both my wife and I have two each, and they will not allow them to merge.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thightower and @hawkmoth,

Great suggestions here! Thanks for helping out. :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@hawkmoth

I have several, I would love to link/merge together, for now I just set up mail forwarding and send them all to my primary. All my services like iCloud drive and Photos are under my primary email/ID.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thightower ,

You and me both! Thanks for sharing your workarounds :)

This discussion has been closed.