Need to delete some 1Password logins

Options
heclaisse
heclaisse
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Mac

I need to delete the websites on the 1password5 and start over.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:SINCE I PAID FOR SFWR TODAY, THEN NOTHING WORKS. I NEED TO DELETE ALL WEBSITE LISTINGS, START OVER

Comments

• heclaisse
    heclaisse
    Community Member
    Options

HOW DO I START OVER WITH THIS SOFTWARE??????????????????

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @heclaisse,

As a human on the AgileBits Customer Support team, I'd like to thank you for buying 1Password today, and offer my assistance.

I'm sorry that you've run into some trouble with the software, and I'll be happy to help you.

First of all, have you seen our user guide? You can find step-by-step assistance for setting up the program here:

1Password 5 for Mac

You've asked how to delete the websites and start over.

If you'd like to wipe everything and start over completely, you may follow the steps in this guide:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

If you just want to delete some login items from your vault:
    1. Open the 1Password app
    2. Select the item or items you would like to delete
    3. Right-click or Control+click on the selected items
    4. Choose "Move to Trash" from the menu that appears

Please let me know whether or not these steps help you achieve what you're trying to do with 1Password. If not, please provide a bit more detail about what I can help you with, and I or one of my teammates will gladly guide you through whatever you need. :)

• heclaisse
    heclaisse
    Community Member
    Options

WELL . . . I TRIED TO FOLLOW YOUR SUGGESTION TO DELETE SOME LOGIN ITEMS. MY MAC DOES NOT HAVE RIGHT CLICK, WHEN I "CONTROL+CLICK, I DO NOT SEE "MOVE TO TRASH:" IN THE MENU. ALL I SEE ARE: Copy Password, Fill in Log Browser, or Select All. THERE IS NO "MOVE TO TRASH" IN THIS WINDOW.

PLEASE INDICATE WHAT I NEED TO DO ON MY MAC TO FIND "MOVE TO TRASH"

THANKS, HAYDEN

• @heclaisse - When you trash a 1Password item, just like when you trash a file on your Mac, the item is moved to the Trash Can and is not yet permanently deleted. It sounds like you are currently looking at the items in the Trash folder in which case 'Move to Trash' will not be an option. Please select the Login folder in the left margin and then right click (control + Click) on the items you wish to Trash. You can permanently delete the deleted items by right clicking on the Trash icon in left hand margin and selecting 'Empty Trash'.

Please let us know if this helps and if we can help you further.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

@heclaisse: In case it helps, I wanted to include a screenshot:

On the lefthand side are the various categories of your items in 1Password's sidebar. If you select All Items there it will make it easier to remove everything. Once you have All Items selected in the sidebar, you can click on an item in the middle column to select, and then right-click to choose Move to Trash — or simply press Delete. If you're really sure you want to remove all of them, you can press ⌃ A (Control+A) to Select All first, and then Delete all items at once. I hope this helps! :)

Also, while I appreciate your frustration, we do want to keep things friendly on the forums, so please refrain from using abusive language of any kind.

Here in the forums we do try to edit user content as little as possible, but on occasion we are forced to make a judgement call. While it's quite understandable that you're frustrated at the moment, we still need to keep the forums as friendly as possible for the wide range of people that visit. Be sure to keep that in mind in the future. We're happy to have you here, so long as you adhere to the guidelines:

Forum guidelines

And after all, we're here to help, and there are things you can do to facilitate this:

Help us help you

Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.