Lately I have been getting the Code Signature error message in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Rggpr
Rggpr
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've made sure all my browsers are the latest version and they are all located in my Mac's Application's folder. I don't know what more to do.This problem can start occurring in the middle of a session with the browser open. One minute it's filling in the username and password, the next I'm getting the error message. Very frustrating.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rggpr,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Please be sure to go through the steps in our support article which should get things sorted out for you:

How to resolve “code signature could not be verified”

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

• pseils
    pseils
    Community Member

I get the same error, but only in Chrome (Version 44.0.2403.130 m) and only since upgrading to Win10. I have tried all your steps, but the only one that worked was turning off "Verify web browser code signature". I haven't even tried with their new browser, "Edge".

• @Rggpr @pseils Are you by any chance using Sophos anti-malware software?

We've been getting a few scattered reports that user who upgraded their machines to Windows 10 are suddenly finding Sophos interfering with the code signature verification were it didn't before.
    The solution laid out in the knowledge base article Configuring Sophos still applies.

Since many of the customers who reported this issue had their Sophos software configured correctly before, our guess is that Sophos's compatibility update for Windows 10 wiped this particular setting.

@pseils Microsoft Edge doesn't work with 1Password, yet, because Microsoft hasn't released a specification for extension in Microsoft Edge, yet. We're excitedly waiting for it because Edge is shaping up to be a great browser.

• pseils
    pseils
    Community Member

Nope, no Sophos on my system. And not too worried about Edge.

• Hi @pseils,

What are you using instead?

This discussion has been closed.