It feels like copying the password for an account is taking ages.

Hello there,

I hope I am doing something wrong and there is a better way to use 1Password. I would like to store user/password combination for my NAS server at home inside 1Password. I did it under "Accounts" (I feel "Logins" are for web sites). Whenever I launch putty and want to get the password it feels very inconvenient to have to 1. click the "Accounts" area, 2. click the "Account" and 3. (the worst and very non-intuitive part) move the mouse to the lower-right part of the screen and click on a small "copy" icon.

I think it would be much more convenient to either have "Logins" and "Accounts" in the same area/view and maybe even show the most used logins on the top of this view or simply have the option to use a keyboard shortcut in "Accounts" just like in "Logins" to be able to copy user and password to clipboard. Additionally it would sure make sense to be able to right click on an accounts and copy user and password there.

Or am I using 1Password wrong and there is a much simpler way of doing this right now?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @b0rksi,

I did it under "Accounts" (I feel "Logins" are for web sites).

Logins are for anything that has a username and a password. Accounts has been phased out as a category in the upcoming format change and will be converted to be Logins. It already is done in other 1Password programs and if you convert your format to the newer OPvault, Accounts items would be under logins.

For now, you should use only Logins for this and use Auto-Type to fill your data into Putty with a keyboard shortcut.

I hope that helps.

• b0rski
    b0rski
    Community Member

It helps but the hint about creating logins with the browser extension (after clicking on "New Item") is confusing. I can't create a server log-in with the Chrome extension.

• That is true @b0rski.
    This message is there for the benefit of users with more basic demands.
    Thank you for your honest feedback, we'll look into making the message clearer.

This discussion has been closed.