Windows 10 Chrome Plugin UI Changed?

I just installed Windows 10 and noticed the plugin for Chrome is different. Before it looked liked the OSX Chrome plugin, now in Windows 10 the Chrome plugin feels clunky, and looks like I'm using it with Internet Explorer.

Any idea's on what happened? Before my upgrade Windows 8.1 Chrome plugin looked and worked like the Chrome plugin for OSX.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @benhysell,

It sounds like you installed the latest 1Password extension (4th version) instead of the previous 3rd version you had before. That's when we moved to using a native UI powered by 1Password Helper, which does have its own design but not all of the features from previous version.

The 3rd version was our HTML/JS/CSS version that looks the same across platforms, which is no longer supported due to various issues and limitations.

Is there something we can do to improve the experience for you, what is making it feel clunky for you?

Note this was changed last year when 1Password 4 was released but such an upgrade doesn't remove and install the latest extensions in the browsers as you have to do it manually.

• benhysell
    benhysell
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation...sad to hear the 3rd version is no longer supported. Is there any way to downgrade to the 3rd version of the browser extension?

Why it feels clunky

• There is at least a 250ms pause in anything I want to do with it, compared to the old version. That extra 'hiccup' really makes it feel not 'right'. Ie click the icon, start typing to bring up the search and there is a solid 250ms pause
    • To pull up the details of an entry, say I want to see my password, I have to right click, the extension box flickers, and then re-opens, again with a 250ms pause
    • The styling the 3rd fit in better with Chrome than the 4th
  • Hi @benhysell,

You can download the older versions here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html

There is at least a 250ms pause in anything I want to do with it, compared to the old version. That extra 'hiccup' really makes it feel not 'right'. Ie click the icon, start typing to bring up the search and there is a solid 250ms pause

That's because we have to redraw a new menu to bring up the results as we can't reuse the existing menu to load results. If you click on Search rather than typing right away, it would present you with a more responsive UI dialog.

To pull up the details of an entry, say I want to see my password, I have to right click, the extension box flickers, and then re-opens, again with a 250ms pause

Yea, there is a redraw that has to occur to show you the new submenu. I do understand that it is not smooth as we'd like it to be. We plan to have a better solution in the future.

• benhysell
    benhysell
    Community Member

Awesome! Thank you for the link to the older version, I am back in business!

Thank you again for the support!

-ben

• You're absolutely welcome!

This discussion has been closed.